Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paper Stacking

 
For the paper stacking fruit/vegetable I chose to do a pumpkin. I started off just stacking and gluing round pieces the width of the widest part of my pumpkin. The biggest challenge for me was mastering the dremel tool. I took a few chunks out of my carving in places I didn't necessarily want them. It was also rather hard to shape the stem because it was so little.
 
In process: 
 




 

Final Paper Fruit:












Final Invented Paper Sculpture:
For my own design paper stacked project I was inspired by Irish artist Nuala O'Donovan's sculptures. I was originally drawn to her sculptures because they are so detailed and meticulous. It's hard to tell at first glance that it's clay. I love the smooth texture of her pieces juxtaposed with the sharp points. To me her pieces bring to mind coral, or some other type of aquatic life. I was also influenced by some Georgia O'Keeffe paintings. They inspired me to add a pop of color to my piece.

 




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------











----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






































No comments:

Post a Comment